SUBJECT TO CHANGE Synopsis:
Joey made her dad a deathbed promise that she would become a doctor, and dedicate herself to fighting the very cancer that took his life. There’s just one problem -three years into her pre-med classes, she's struggling to stay on top of the curve, let alone prove she's dazzling enough to earn a spot in an Ivy League medical school. In a Hail Mary move, she throws a basic Business 101 class into her semester schedule, banking on a perfect score to boost her GPA.
That is, until she’s paired for a final project with Hawk, the bartending, motorbike-riding, gorgeously bedheaded loser who falls asleep in class and communicates in one-word sentences.
Hawk does whatever he wants, whenever he wants, which sets Joey on edge – in every possible way. As they get to know each other, her urge to scream at him is curbed only by her fantasies of tearing his clothes off. Soon those fantasies become reality, and Joey realizes Hawk makes her feel more fully herself than any of the rich boys her mother and sorority sisters approve of.
But the promise to her father hangs over her head, and the harder Joey tries to succeed in her chosen career, the faster everything falls into a hopeless tailspin of bad grades, broken promises and guilt. It doesn't help to have Hawk sitting like a devil on her shoulder, insisting she should be free to live however she wants to live - like he does.
The only thing Joey knows is that her neatly organized life is crushing her - and Hawk's bad attitude might be the only thing that can save her.
Guest Post -
Hi, Fern! Thank you so much for inviting me over to Whirlwind Books and Reviews today!
I’m so excited that you asked Hawk the ten things readers should know about Joey, since a big part of Subject to Change is the way Hawk helps Joey discover things about herself not even she really knew.
So, without further ado, here are….
10 Things Hawk thinks you should know about Joey:
1. She loves her sorority sisters even when she doesn’t fit in with them perfectly.
2. She’s an incredibly hard worker.
3. She’s one of the only girls I’ve ever met who’s absolutely stunning without makeup.
4. She takes responsibility even when she doesn’t have to. If she thinks she can make someone’s life better, she’ll take time and energy that she sometimes doesn’t have very much of
5. Greasy, salty foods are her favorites. No pints of ice cream for this girl when she’s upset.
6. She goes big or she goes home. You’ll see at the end of the book. (Hint: it has to do with a tattoo.)
7. Even when she thinks she’s weak, she’s really, really brave.
8. She’s made a huge difference in my little sister’s life. I can never thank her enough.
9. She seems straight-laced, but once in a while, she can get pretty wild, and…
10. She’s all mine.
Thanks again, Fern! I’ve had such an awesome time visiting!
Alessandra Thomas is a New Adult writer who swears she was in her twenties yesterday. Since she's not, she spends her time looking back on her college years fondly, and writing sexy stories about guys and girls falling in love and really living life for the first time. When she's not writing, you can find her with a spoonful of ice cream in one hand and the newest New Adult release in the other.
Author Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6906315.Alessandra_Thomas
SUBJECT TO CHANGE Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17706061-subject-to-change