NEVER BEEN READY
By J.L. Berg
Adult Contemporary Romance
Releasing February 4, 2014
Amazon – Not available until Feb. 4
Barnes and Noble – Not available until Feb. 4
Leah Morgan was done with men. After barely surviving a horrendous childhood, and a boyfriend who bailed when things got rough, Leah had given up on love. Then she met him, Hollywood’s new golden boy who suddenly had eyes only for her. She tried to convince herself that one night couldn’t hurt, but after six months, the memories of his mesmerizing gaze and searing touch still invaded her every thought.
Declan James had just one rule when it came to women. Keep it simple, and never linger. That all changed the moment he met Leah. Even across a crowded bar, he could tell she was different. Sweet, with just the right amount of sass, she made him break his golden rule and now he couldn’t walk away.
When casual becomes anything but, and emotions run deep, will Leah and Declan fight their fears, or let old insecurities destroy their one chance to discover true happiness? When Declan’s past comes roaring back in a way neither of them could have expected, will they stand united or be torn apart by the challenges that lie ahead?
It was only supposed to be one night, but only forever will do.
FUN FACTS ABOUT NEVER BEEN READY
By J.L. Berg
· In the very first draft of When You’re Ready – Declan was introduced as a British friend of Logan whom he met at boarding school.
· Leah is based loosely off my real-life best friend Leslie. It’s no coincidence both of their names start with “L”.
· The bar Leah and Declan visit on New Year’s Eve is based on the bar owned by my best friend and her husband in downtown Richmond called Honey Whytes – best burgers in town!
· The infamous cemetery Declan and Leah visit is loosely based on the famous Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond.
· The original title was So Not Ready, but I didn’t think it matched the tone and theme of the novel.
· Leah is very close with the main character of the next book in the series. ;-)
· The “lipstick scene” is based on a hilarious conversation I had with two bloggers and an author at Mimi’s. It had nothing to do with a limo.
About the Author
J.L. Berg is a California native living in the South. She's married to her high school sweetheart and they have two beautiful girls that drive them batty on a daily basis. When she's not writing, you can find her with her nose stuck in a romance book, in a yoga studio or devouring anything chocolate. J.L. Berg is represented by Jill Marsal of Marsal Lyon Literary Agency, LLC.
Twitter: @authorjlberg ; https://twitter.com/authorjlberg